We are hiring!
IHS Markit is a dynamic global information services organization, delivering impactful, real-world analytics and intelligence for industries and markets all around the world. The diversity of the industries we serve means that the scope of your work has never been greater.
We are growing our software development teams in Gdansk, an office that we consider to be one of our centers of excellence across the organization. We do not just implement the solution here - we participate in the whole process of creating product solutions, from requirements analysis and planning through design, development, implementation, and Dev Ops automation.
If you are interested in speaking to someone about how your skills could fit, please apply via the Apply Now.
We currently have opportunities available across a number of our business units and product teams for all levels of software development experience from recent university graduates to seasoned software architects. These include opportunities in the following product areas:
Our proprietary software-as-a-service helps automotive dealerships and sales teams better understand and predict exactly which customers are ready to buy, the reasons why, and the key offers and incentives most likely to close the sale. Its micro-marketing engine then delivers the right message at the right time to those customers, ensuring higher conversion rates and a stronger ROI.
At CARFAX, we create websites and apps for our consumers and dealers that incorporate tools and products to assist them in buying and selling cars. The Consumer Experience team is an elite group of tech-savvy individuals who work together every day to deliver quality products that bring value to our customers. This fast-paced environment keeps our tech stack evolving, allowing us to seamlessly support the hundreds of products that make CARFAX the leader in trusted vehicle history information.
Connect is one of the most important data delivery platforms at IHS Markit, offering hundreds of thousands of articles, analyzes, forecasts, analytical tools and key data for customers around the world. Connect integrates and presents a modern and intuitive way to information for the most important business areas supported by IHS Markit: Energy, Chemical, Economic & Country Risk, Operation Excellence and Risk Management.
And given the growth in our Gdansk office, this list will continue to grow!
You’ll need to:
- Be vocal! We believe in the wisdom of crowds and your input is needed and valued!
- Be flexible! We love to change it up by using different technologies and need you to be open to new and different!
- Love to learn! To get the greatest solutions we need to continually explore what’s new and be willing to dive in and learn.
A typical day will have you:
- Working in a dynamic, agile, team environment developing awesome new applications
- Collaborating with other developers, front-end designers and internal customers on a daily basis
- Promoting great software design and quality
- Innovating new ideas to evolve our applications and processes
- Improving existing architecture and code and making it better
- Access to the most interesting information technologies
- The ability to implement your own ideas and solutions
- Participation in conferences and training
- Professional development support
- Three days for charity/volunteering
- Friendly atmosphere with regular fun, informal events
- Chillout & fun room (table tennis, table football, Xbox, billiards)
- Private health care
- Life insurance
- Multisport card
- English classes
- Fruit days
- Coffee, tea, chocolate
Tech Skills You’ll Need:
The specific skills and experience required will vary according to the projects and teams, but could include .NET, MEAN, Java, Spring, Go, Python, C++, C#, Cloud computing. Regardless, we are looking for people with strong development skills and the ability to break down and drive problems to technical problems as they arise.
If you have some of these technical skills, we want to hear from you. As mentioned, we are hiring across all levels, so all experience levels will be considered.